Quality Dog Pinch Collar with swivel
Pinch Collar (also called Prong Collar) is usually made of metal and has prongs evenly arranged around the collar. It should be worn high on the dog's neck, right under dog's chin and behind his ears. This collar will be useful for the dogs that have problems with behavior, but you must remember that it should be used only in training purposes.
Pinch/Prong Collars have different sizes, but it depends not only on the collar length that can vary from 16 inch (40 cm) to 25 inch (65 cm), but also from the diameter of the prongs. The thinner the prongs are, the more affect they will put on the dog.
The size of this particular Pinch Dog Collar is 16 inch (40 cm) with prong's diameter - 1/11 inch (2.25 mm).
If your dog's neck circumference is more then 16 inch (40 cm), you can order an additional link, that will add 1.1 inch (2.7 cm) to the total collar length.
The weight of this Pinch Dog Collar is about 2.8 oz (80 g).
This Pinch Dog Collar was processed with the help of Herm Sprenger new technique, called Chrome Plating
. It is a technique of electroplating a thin layer of chromium onto a metal object. Collars that undergo this process, usually look more decorative, then ordinary stainless steel. The chromed layer will provide corrosion resistance for your collar, as well as ease cleaning procedures. These collars will serve you and your dog for a long time. How do these chains look so shiny and have such strong surface?
Whereas other manufacturers only dip the chains before galvanizing, Sprenger uses a different procedure of mirror-bright polishing. Dipping means to remove non-metallic unclean things like oil from the chains. The metal becomes clear but has no surface polishing. The advantage of Sprenger polishing is that the surface becomes much smoother and has this special bright shine. After tumbling, the chains are nickel or chrome plated. Nickel and chrome baths are monitored permanently by a laboratory. Sprenger examines the grip of the nickel layer through "bending" tests before the chains are chromium plated. This collar consists only of welded parts, that will serve your dog for a long time. All parts are chromium plated, so it increases in its tensile strength.
Key features of this Pinch Collar:
- Chrome plated steel
- Prongs symmetrically arranged around the collar
- Bright shine
- Smooth surface
- Consists only of welded parts
- Increased tensile strength
- Scissor type snap hook
- Swivel for better handling and leash attachment
- Extra strong
Intended use of this Pinch Collar:
- Obedience training
- Safe walking pinch collar
- 16 inch (40 cm)
- Prong's diameter - 1/11 inch (2.25 mm)
- will do for dogs with weight up to 30 lbs (13,5 kg)
Check center plate with stamped "Sprenger" mark
Due to the new scissor type quick release snap hook, this Dog Pinch Collar has gained some features, that differ it from other collars:
- it has a welded swivel, for you to be sure it won't ever break
- it can be easily handled to the leash and unhanded of the dog, so that this process will take less time
- due to precision work this collar has obtained extreme strength properties
- under tension the jaws are kept closed by counter pressure of the bolt, so you shouldn't worry that it would open at any moment
- as other Herm Sprenger products has a stamp "HS-Germany" on the swivel, that one more time warrants the highest quality of this collar
Check close up look of the scissor type snap hook This HS Pinch Collar will be perfect for your dog if you:
Warnings about Pinch Dog Collars:
- need a Pinch Collar, because the ordinary Choke Chain doesn't help you any more
- looking for an obedience training collar, that will help you dealing with problems in behavior
- just searching for a safe walking pinch collar, for you to be sure that you dog is under control
Never leave your dog unsupervised, when wearing a Pinch Collar! When left alone it may be caught by something and as a result injured!
Check how our products look on the dogs / Pictures from Customers
On the picture - Zeus showing off (owner Bill, NJ) You can also order nylon removable protector for this pinch collar
- Reduces contact with water
- Protects against excessive light reflection
- Collar makes less noise
- Does not look like pinch collar - looks like regular collar
Feedback from Our Customers. What our customers are saying.
Published testimonials are genuine and are not edited or altered by Fordogtrainers.com
I just received the order. Great products! Thanks so much!
From: Marie, USA
Spectacular quality, thanks! Gonna order another one shortly. Regards From: Joan, USA
Just thought I would let you know that I received my parcel today, and no problems at all with it getting to me even though it 2 pinch collars in it. I look forward to trying out my new leads tomorrow night at training, and see how well I can handle my male shepherd now around other dogs with my new training devices. Thanks again for such wonderful products, i know that my new leads are going to last me a long time. Just can wait for people to ask me where i got them from...hehehe! From: Shannon, Australia
Excellent quality Herm Sprenger Dog Collar should be matched only with Exclusive HS dog leash with Robina Nylon Braided handle
Having troubles walking two dogs at the same time? This Herm Sprenger Chromium Plated Coupler
will help you walking your dogs safely under control!
If you are not sure whether scissor type snap hook will fit your needs, you may try this Dog pinch collar with nylon loop and quick release buckle
Sri Judawati, Jakarta, Indonesia
Date added review: 04/09/2014
Dear Julia. all the stuff I've received well. thank you. Regards,
[5 of 5 Stars]