Dog Pinch Collar with center plate
Pinch Collar (also called Prong Collar) is usually made of metal and has prongs evenly arranged around the collar. It should be worn high on the dog's neck, right under dog's chin and behind his ears. This collar will be perfect for those dogs that have problems with behavior, but you should remember that it should be used only for training purposes.
We know that many dog owners want to use Pinch Collars but still hesitate because of some Common Myths about Pinch Collars.
Here are some of them:
- using a pinch collar is cruel against the dog, it is much more humane to use a choke chain;
- pinch collar slips off the dog's head in the most inappropriate occasions;
- the use of the prong collar is ineffective, because the dog may get used to it, and stops to react;
- wearing a prong collar the dog looks unhappy;
- the use of the pinch collar is ineffective, because as soon as you take it off the dog begins to pull;
- pinch Collar will help only if your dog refuses to obey;
- a good dog trainer may teach the dog to obey without a prong collar.
All these points are not true if you:
- stick to sizing chart
- carefully follow all tips in using pinch collar
- never live your dog alone wearing a pinch collar
And finally to persuade you not to afraid of pinch collars we want to say that according to many dog trainers dogs should be trained with prong collars. Experts recommend them to new dog owners, new trainers and people who own dogs with behavioral problems. Some people think a prong looks nasty the fact is they are far more humane than a normal choke collar.
Pinch Collars can vary in sizes, but they depend not only on the collar length that can vary from 23 inch (58 cm) to 25 inch (65 cm), but also on the diameter of the prongs. Collars that have thinner prongs are mostly recommended to be used for medium dog breeds and for growing dogs.
The size of this particular Pinch Dog Collar is 25 inch (65 cm) with prongs diameter - 1/6 inch (3.99 mm), and consists of 10 links.
If your dog's neck circumference is more than 23 inch (58 cm), you can order an additional link, that will add 1 4/5 inch (4.5 cm) to the total collar length. So that means if your dog's neck circumference is 26 inch (70 cm) you'll need to order 2 additional links. If you choose the right size of the pinch collar, it is impossible to put it on/off through the dog's head, so you will need to open the links to do that.
of this Dog Pinch Collar is about 12.7 oz (360 g)
Key features of this Pinch Collar:
- Resistant to corrosion
- Smooth surface
- Super strong
- Suits long and short-haired breeds
- Looks even better than usual stainless steel collars
- Has a center-plate
- Two O-rings for leash attachment
Intended use of this Pinch Collar:
- Daily walking
- Any area of professional dog training
- 25 inch (65 cm)
- Prong's diameter - 1/6 inch (3.99 mm)
This collar was created with the help of a new method called Chrome Plating. It is a technique of electroplating a thin layer of chromium onto a metal object. Products that are processed with the help of this method usually look more attractive than ordinary stainless steel. The chromed layer will provide corrosion resistance for your collar, as well as easy cleaning procedures. All dog's owners with ordinary collars will envy you for sure. These collars will serve you and your dog for years. Be sure you won't regret buying it.
How do these chains look so shiny and have such sturdy surface?
Other manufacturers only dip the chains before galvanizing, Sprenger uses a different method of mirror-bright polishing. Dipping means to remove non-metallic unclean things like oil from the chains. The metal becomes clear but has no surface polishing. The advantage of Sprenger polishing is that the surface becomes much smoother and has this special bright shine. After tumbling, the chains are plated with nickel or chrome. Nickel and chrome baths are monitored constantly by a laboratory. Herm Sprenger examines the grip of the nickel layer through "bending" tests before the chains are chromium plated. This Fur Saver collar consists of welded parts only, that will serve your dog for a long period of time. All parts are chromium plated, so it increases its tensile strength.
This HS Pinch Collar will suit your dog if you:
- look for a Pinch Collar, because the ordinary Choke Chain doesn't help you any more;
- need an obedience training collar, that will help you to solve problems with behavior;
- just search for a safe walking pinch collar in order to be sure that your dog is under control.
Warnings about Pinch Dog Collars:
- never leave your dog alone, when wearing a Pinch Dog Collar, it may be trapped by something and as a result be injured;
- please, remember, if you are an owner of a growing puppy, you should order Pinch Collar that will perfectly do for his size;
- it shouldn't be very tight because it will not have that training effect, it will put pressure on the dog's neck all the time, so that the dog will learn to stand it or it may even cause injuries;
- it will be better if you strictly stick to our sizing chart.
You can also order nylon removable protector for this pinch collar, its main features are:
- it shortens contact with water;
- it protects against excessive light reflection;
- collar is less noisy;
- it does not look like pinch collar - looks like ordinary collar.
Feedback from Our Customers. What our customers are saying.
Published testimonials are genuine and are not edited or altered by Fordogtrainers.com
The service was great, I placed my order and next thing I knew it was in the mail waiting for me. The collars are awesome! Great quality for the price! They look great on my dogs and people can't stop asking me where I got them from. Thank you.
From: Jessica, USA
You guys are the best! I received the items and am completely satisfied! Thanks From: Jonathan, USA
HI GUY JUST RECEIVED! COLLAR IS GORGEOUS AND THE LEAD ALSO THANK YOU! ABSOLUTE PERFECT FIT I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW HIS NECK HAS GROWN IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS. ALL THE BEST. From: JACKIE , UK
Thank you very much for your prompt service and excellent product! We will be ordering from you again! From: Jennifer, USA
You shouldn't miss the chance to match HS Dog Leash with Black Nylon Braided handle
with new Dog Pinch Collar.
We bring to your notice a nice Coupler for walking two dogs
that will be very in help for lucky owners of two dogs.
We are glad to offer you another quality Dog Pinch Collar with swivel and small quick release snap hook
that will also suit your dog.
Check how this product looks on the dogs (click on the pictures to see bigger image)
Take a Look at Metal Collar in 3D
Kimberly Bair, Washington, USA
Date added review: 07/01/2014
Hi. The neck tech collar works great, and I've been spreading the word. I hope I can generate more sales for you.
[5 of 5 Stars]