Strong Antique Copper Plated Dog Prong Collar
We are glad to bring to your attention this wonderful Dog Prong Collar Antique Copper Plated made in Germany. This country is famous for its products of an excellent quality, and dog equipment is not an exception!
Let's find out what is so great about this collar.
First, it is a Prong Collar. Though some people consider it harsh and unacceptable in dog training, experts insist on using these exact collars. "Why so?", you may ask. This negative opinion usually appears because Prong Collars have not a very "humane" look. Though, if you cover the collar with a special Protector, it will look like a usual dog collar. BUT, its functioning and influence over the dog is not so usual. Due to the prongs, evenly arranged on the inner surface of the collar, dog feels a slight pinch into its neck each time when you pull the leash. Don't worry, the prongs are not so sharp to injure your dog, but they are really effective for dog's behavior correction. The secret of this collar being so effective is that the pinch is very similar to the mother-dog's bite so the dog instinctively reacts to it and stops acting wrong.
Second, this Prong Collar is made of Steel Antique Copper plated. Note, it is NOT fully made of Antique Copper, but Antique copper plated. Some words about this material. Actually, the peculiarity of this metal is that it is very ductile and easily deformed. That is why it is usually used in products that require great electric and heat conductivity. It also belongs to the same periodic table as gold or silver so it owns the same characteristics. It is very unusual in look due to its reddish or even brown colour, that is why it is a very popular metal since ancient times. Thus, this Prong Collar combines excellent durability together with a wonderful look as it is made of extra strong steel and then covered with Antique Copper solution. Very old products containing antique copper may become a little bit greenish. However, you can easily remove the stains by means of vinegar and water solution.
Excellent Antique Copper plated Prong Collar
The size of this particular Dog Prong Collar is 22 inch (55 cm) with prongs diameter - 3.00 mm (1/9 inch). If your dog's neck circumference is more then 22 inch (55 cm), you can order an additional link, that will add 1 2/5 inch (3.5 cm) to the total collar length.
Other sizes available:
3.90 mm (1/6 inch) - diameter of the prongs, 10 links - quantity of links, 24 inch (63 cm) - overall length of the collar. Additional link 1 4/5 inch ( 4.5 cm )
The weight of this Dog Prong Collar is about 7 oz (200 g).
The other advantages may be summed up into the following list:
- influences straight to the dog's skin so it is very effective for longhaired as well as for shorthaired dogs;
- doesn't require too much physical strength to pull the leash as it is enough a small pinch;
- doesn't hurt the dog and will never make it choke;
- very easy in use due to its excellent quality and great design;
- has a wonderful decorative look, that doesn't require any difficult cleaning procedures to maintain it.
Key features of this Dog Prong Collar:
- Symmetrically arranged prongs on the inner surface
- Middle plate
- A swivel for easier handling
- Nice reddish and brown colour
- 2 O-rings for leash attachment
- Very strong material
- Excellent quality
- Pretty decorative look
Intended use of this Dog Prong Collar:
- 22 inch (55 cm)
- Prong's diameter - 3.00 mm (1/9 inch)
- Antique Copper plated steel
Prong Collars are usually recommended as training dog collars to such dog owners as:
- children (must be used only under grown-ups' supervision);
- people of a small physical strength;
- people, who have dogs with trachea or other neck traumas;
- old people;
- people, who are interested in their dogs quick training;
- people, who have huge or thick-haired dogs;
- people, who want to achieve good results in dogs' competitions.
We are certain that this collar will serve you and your dog very long, if you follow some simple rules:
- Order the collar of a proper size. It is easy to adjust the collar through adding or removing the links.
- Wear the collar right behind the dog's ears and under the jaw line. Otherwise it will function wrong or may cause some other problems.
- Never leave your dog unsupervised wearing the collar, because the dog may be hooked up and get injured.
- Wear the Prong Collar only for training time for it not to lose its effect over the dog.
If you are an opponent of Prong Collars and you hate their cruel look, you can order this Nylon Removable Protector. It will not only hide collar's roughness but will also give the following advantages:
- excellent protection from undesirable water contacts;
- excessive light reflection is not a problem any more;
- forget about the collar being noisy;
- so much desirable usual fashionable look for your dog's collar.
Feedback from Our Customers. What our customers are saying.
Published testimonials are genuine and are not edited or altered by Fordogtrainers.com
I just wanted to let you know your product is fantastic and works well. I have used it now for a load of training events, two certification tests, and two real life search missions. It has worked without fail and is designed so well I can put it on him with one hand.
From: Jim, Australia
In order to make your dog training even more pleasant we are glad to offer you this Stitched Leather Dog Leash.
Marissa Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA
Date added review: 25/01/2015
I received my collars last night. They're exactly what I wanted. Absolutely love the antique copper. It looks great on my Malinois! Thank you!
[5 of 5 Stars]