Strong Pinch Collar with quick release buckle
Pinch Collar (also called Prong Collar) is usually made of metal and has prongs evenly arranged around the collar. This collar differs from ordinary Pinch Collar. It contains a nylon loop, instead of metal chain, and a quick release buckle, that is very convenient while unlocking the collar. It should be worn high on the dog's neck, right under dog's chin and behind his ears. This collar will be useful for the dogs that have problems with behavior, but you must remember that it should be used only in training purposes.
Pinch Collars have different sizes, but it depends not only on the collar length that can vary from 23 inch (58 cm) to 25 inch (65 cm), but also from the diameter of the prongs. The thinner the prongs are, the more affect they will put on the dog.
The size of this particular Pinch Dog Collar is 23 inch (58 cm) with prong's diameter - 1/8 inch (3.25 mm). If your dog's neck circumference is more then 22 inch (56 cm), you can order an additional link, that will add 1 2/5 inch (3.5 cm) to the total collar length. So that means that if your dog's neck circumference is 25 inch (64 cm) you'll need to order 2 additional links.
The weight of this Dog Pinch Collar is about 7 oz (200 g).
Fordogtrainers has developed a brand new training collar on the basis of a classic Herm Sprenger Ultra Plus prong collar and dramatically improved its usability. Fordogtrainers has replaced an assembly chain with a nylon loop and upgraded it with a quick release buckle. If you have hard times with hooking and unhooking individual links of the collar, this groundbreaking prong collar makes a world of difference. Just unclip the buckle and place the collar around the dogís neck and then re-clip the buckle. Thatís it. You will enjoy this added convenience.
Key features of this Pinch Collar:
- Corrosion resistance
- Prongs symmetrically arranged around the collar
- Nylon loop instead of ordinary martingale chain
- Quick release buckle for easier handling
- Consists only of welded parts
- Increased tensile strength
- Modern design with a center-plate
- 2 O-rings for leash attachment
- Extra strong material
Intended use of this Pinch Collar:
- Obedience training
- Safe walking collar
- 23 inch (58 cm)
- Prong's diameter - 1/8 inch (3.25 mm)
This Pinch Dog Collar was processed with the help of Herm Sprenger new technique, called Chrome Plating. It is a technique of electroplating a thin layer of chromium onto a metal object. Collars that undergo this process, usually look more decorative, then ordinary stainless steel. The chromed layer will provide corrosion resistance for your collar, as well as ease cleaning procedures. These collars will serve you and your dog for a long time.
How do these chains look so shiny and have such strong surface?
Whereas other manufacturers only dip the chains before galvanizing, Sprenger uses a different procedure of mirror-bright polishing. Dipping means to remove non-metallic unclean things like oil from the chains. The metal becomes clear but has no surface polishing. The advantage of Sprenger polishing is that the surface becomes much smoother and has this special bright shine. After tumbling, the chains are nickel or chrome plated. Nickel and chrome baths are monitored permanently by a laboratory. Sprenger examines the grip of the nickel layer through ""bending"" tests before the chains are chromium plated. This collar consists only of welded parts, that will serve your dog for a long time. All parts are chromium plated, so it increases in its tensile strength.
Main features of this Herm Sprenger Pinch Dog Collar are:
Warnings about Pinch Dog Collars:
- will be good for long and shorthair breeds
- perfectly fits to any areas of dog training, as well as in everyday life
- looks even better then usual stainless steel collars
You can also order nylon removable protector for this pinch collar
- never leave your dog unsupervised, when wearing a Pinch Dog Collar, it may result in injuries
- please, remember, if you are a owner of a growing puppy, you should order Pinch Collar that will perfectly do for his size
- it shoudn't be very tight because it will not have that training effect, it will put pressure on the dog's neck all the time, so that the dog will learn to stand it or it may even cause injuries
- it will be better if you strictly stick to our sizing chart
- Reduces contact with water
- Protects against excessive light reflection
- Collar makes less noise
- Does not look like pinch collar - looks like regular collar
Feedback from Our Customers. What our customers are saying.
Published testimonials are genuine and are not edited or altered by Fordogtrainers.com
I received my order Saturday. Thank you for your excellent service.
From: Al, USA†
I received the collar and true to the advertising, it is a high quality product. I was impressed. It is a quality product and I will soon be ordering a pull harness for my old English bulldogge. From: Mike, USA, California
I've wanted to get some experience with the tabs before I responded. I've sold a couple..
and used them myself...Here's what I think so far
- Quality? -- Excellent. The leather/stiching/etc is perfect...built to last
- Is it fitting my client's needs? -- yes and no. Since I'm using them for Agility...they're working
for the biggest dogs..but are a bit wide/long for anything under a 50lb lab. If I lived in a perfect world
I'd like to get a slightly narrower/shorter version -- and I'd love to find REALLY short ones for
my Beagles and Rat Terriers. The padded ones are great..but freaked out the dogs a
little when they were running (IE the people loved them...but the dogs not so much :-)
So that's how it 's going :-) From: Karen, USA
Are you still not sure what dog† leash will fit perfectly for your Pinch Collar? We may advise you to learn more about this Exclusive HS dog leash with black nylon braided handle
You were looking for an ordinary 1/8 inch (3.25 mm) pinch collar? Try this Stainless Steel Dog pinch collar made in Germany
, maybe it will fit your needs!
Take a Look at HS Collar in 3D
Allan Budvitis, Louisiana, USA
Date added review: 27/05/2015
Team, It arrived and is just what we needed. Thank you, Allan
[5 of 5 Stars]